Tuesday, April 25th, 3:15-5:30pm
Excel Public Charter School
19300 108th Ave SE, Kent
You are invited to our CT Day Open House! Students in Grades 6-8 and their families, community members… anyone at all! Snacks and beverages will be provided 🙂
Help launch our weather balloon into orbit, explore examples of our students’ computational thinking powered projects, participate in Computational Thinking Day challenges and activities, and learn about Excel’s Computational Thinking program while meeting our wonderful teachers!
Schedule of events
- 3:15-3:45pm: Launch our weather balloon into orbit
- 3:45-4:00pm: Brief overview of Excel’s Computational Thinking program
- 4:00-5:30pm: Rotate among of the following activities:
- Robotic Arms: Combining design and iteration with biology and physics to move objects that are out of reach
- Chocolate Factory: Using decomposition and design to create a better workplace for Oompa Loompas
- Zombie Escape: Using algorithmic thinking, abstraction, pattern recognition and teamwork to survive a deadly zombie virus
- Student Showcase: Current Excel students show off computational thinking projects from their classes
There is no need to RSVP – just show up and have a blast! This event is targeted at families of current students, families of (and including) students all around the Kent/Renton area who will be going into seventh through ninth grades next year (or any other grades!), community members and educators looking to learn about our CT program. If you’re reading this, you are the perfect fit to attend!